The day I brought home the desktop with the new Windows key, when setting the computer up again, I had some trouble with the keyboard connector, but eventually got it connected. Unfortunately, everything else worked fine, but the keyboard was unresponsive. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting. I tried rebooting, all to no avail. Result: a trip to the local Staples store to buy a new, cheapest they had, keyboard.
Over all the years of using computers (since the early 1980s) this is the first time a keyboard has failed. Weird coincidence of it malfunctioning then, but I’m glad to now have a USB connected keyboard and it works fine for our purposes.